Dikt; Because I could not stop for Death av Emily Dickinson

 Because I could not stop for Death,
 He kindly stopped for me;
 The carriage held but just ourselves
 And Immortality.

 We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
 And I had put away
 My labour, and my leisure too,
 For his civility.

 We passed the school where children played,
 Their lessons scarcely done;
 We passed the fields of gazing grain,
 We passed the setting sun.

 We paused before a house that seemed
 A swelling of the ground;
 The roof was scarcely visible,
 The cornice but a mound.

 Since then 'tis centuries; but each
 Feels shorter than the day
 I first surmised the horses' heads
 Were toward eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge